Claim Your Housing Disrepair Rebate

Are you living in a council house or in a housing association property?
Is your property in a state of disrepair?
If so, you could be entitled to thousands of pounds worth of compensation.

Request Call-back

Please Complete The Form

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Eligible for a Claim?

If you have reported the issues of disrepair to your local council/housing association, and your local council/housing association has failed to make satisfactory repairs to your property, or has simply avoided a conversation regarding the matter, you may be eligible to make a housing disrepair claim.

If your landlord has failed to repair faults or not kept the house in good condition you may find that your home has become damaged. Your local council/housing association have a legal obligation to maintain the structure, the interior and exterior of their property to a reasonable standard of repair.

Mould on wall - Housing Disrepair Claim - Pearson Locke Law - Manchester

Your landlord is legally responsible for maintaining your property to an acceptable standard, which includes;

  • Ensuring that your home is free of mould or damp.
  • Carrying out repairs.
  • Ensuring the boiler is working and meets all health and safety regulations.
  • Repairing any gas or water leaks.
  • That your home is free from rodent or insect infestation.
  • Any Damaged or Unsafe roof.
  • Exposed Asbestos.
  • Sinking Floors or Building.
  • Flooding.
  • Extensive Repair Problems.
  • Damaged or Unsafe External Walls.

The fact that the council/housing association has failed to repair your property and made you live in these conditions you may be entitled to compensation if;

· You and/or a member of your family have experienced personal pain, suffering.

· There has been damage to your personal property/belongings.

· You have incurred additional expenses.

· It has caused issues with your and/or a member of your family’s health; and/or.

· It has caused you inconvenience.

Our expert team will fully investigate your claim against your local council/housing association and if they consider you to be entitled to financial compensation, they will pursue the same vigorously on your behalf, on a no win no fee basis.


Pearson Locke Solicitors offered me a great service and helped claim back thousands in compensation, I would definitely use them again.


Great service and communication. Very professional. Highly recommend this firm for legal services.


Pearson Locke Solicitors assisted me in arranging the council to repair my damaged property and also got me some compensation back.


Frequently Asked Questions